[Asterisk-Users] cdr showing BYEXTENSION, not actual extension

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Fri Mar 14 09:22:59 MST 2003

We have a group of lines (FXO/FXS) between our Rolm PBX and our
Asterisk server. From the asterisk server any extension can be dialed
regardless of system. Asterisk will then either ring the appropriate *
extension or will dial a line into our Rolm PBX and dial the
appropriate Rolm extension.

The cdr works fine when an internal * phone is used. The problem is
when an outside call comes in and * answers and the caller enters an
extension which is on the Rolm PBX. What I would like to see is a call
detail records with the Rolm PBX extension that was dialed. However,
the called field of the call record contains "s" and the Application
and argument contain "Dial" and "Zap/g1/BYEXTENSION".
("Zap/g1/BYEXTENSION" is what is in my extensions.conf file). Instead
of seeing "BYEXTENSION" I would like to see the actual extension
number. Any suggestions?

Don Pobanz