[Asterisk-Users] Detecting channel status

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Thu Mar 13 16:35:46 MST 2003

Another suggestion - perhaps there would be a way to detect the status
of the PRI itself, perhaps monitoring and/or returning the performance
registers on the PRI interface.

Rationale:  if the PRI is seeing lots of errors (or an LOS), then we
could fail-over to a physical line (FXO) or another PRI.

Just an idea...

Ron Gage

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 18:16, david.anderson at jpl.nasa.gov wrote:
> Yes, it is a zap channel.  That would be great!
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense if ZapIsAvail is true to continue at
> priority+1?  That way if it isn't available (busy) it works like the
> Dial app and goes to priority+101.
>
> Dave
>
> On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 01:59  PM, James Golovich wrote:
>
> > What type of channel are you trying to do this for?  I was thinking of
> > writing an app ZapIsAvail, that would check if a certain zap channel
> > is in
> > use and if so continue on with priority+1, otherwise jump to
> > priority+101
> >
> > James
> >

> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 david.anderson at jpl.nasa.gov wrote:
> >
> >> In the extensions.conf file, is there a way to detect if it is on hook
> >> or off hook (without dialing it)?
> >>
> >> Dave

Ron Gage - Saginaw, Michigan
I am looking for work - resume at http://www.rongage.org/resume.doc
Electrical Engineering, Linux Programming, Networking