[Asterisk-Users] Unexpected QCALL behavior...

Steve Radich stever at bitshop.com
Thu Mar 13 16:37:37 MST 2003

I'm trying to set up a call back for a few of our employees and encountering
an unexpected behavior.

When qcall tries to call when it picks up the line (POTS lines via ZHone
channel bank and quad t1 digium card) it detects

    -- Qcall initiating call to ZAP/g2/xxxxxxxxx on Zap/1-1
(/var/spool/asteriskk/qcall/testcall)
    -- Qcall waiting for answer on Zap/1-1
    -- Qcall got answer on Zap/1-1
    -- Qcall got accept, now putting through to xxxxx at xxxxx on Zap/1-1
  == Accepting call on 'Zap/1-1' (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
    -- Executing DISA("Zap/1-1", "xxxxx|local") in new stack

NOTE: The number dialed hasn't started ringing yet (it does, but the point
is it gets to here immediately - I assume because the dial tone was
considered someone picking up the phone).

NOTE #2: Nothing you do ever detects the user hung up under this condition.
I am forced to do a soft hangup..

Am I misunderstanding something, or do I have something configured wrong for
the Zhone from long ago - We do from time to time have voice mails that are
'if you'd like to make a call please hang up and try again' - so something
else must trigger roughly this same problem in our configuration.

Steve Radich - Colocation / Virtual Dedicated / Dedicated Servers
BitShop, Inc. - http://www.bitshop.com - $149/month colo special