[Asterisk-Users] iconnect & caller ID

William Walsh william at wxw.org
Thu Mar 13 12:11:26 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 08:55, Jim Archer wrote:
> Still, I can't get it to work. Maybe its specific to my area.  I think I am
> giving up on iconnect for a while.  Thanks.

 I presume the problem is in the CallerIDName that shows up when you
call a regular number through iconnecthere?

If so, that's because, despite what you send through iconnecthere (or
the other SIP to POTS providers), the callerid system at the telcos do
not automatically trust that.

Technically the phone numbers "belong" to Deltathree, and in the telco
systems that is how they are registered, and that is why  your
CallerIDName does not show up.  I really do not know that
deltathree/iconnecthere can do anything about that.  It's a design issue
in the system.  Your system's sent data can't override the telco
systems.

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz