[Asterisk-Users] Beginning of voicemail missed by sip phone

Lele Forzani lele at windmill.it
Thu Mar 13 11:59:53 MST 2003

On Thursday 13 March 2003 18:00, Benjamin Miller wrote:

> Actually I've seen this exact issue with my Cisco 7960.
> And it's any voice prompt I dial.  I loose just the very first .5
> seconds of the audio for whatever reason.
> So the sip users hear "eedian Mail" and "nk you for calling".
> Any one else dealing with this?
> Any ideas?

Same here. But it seems to be somewhat related with the hardware: the 7960
looses about .5 seconds, and an old siemens optipoint 100 I have around
looses up to 2 seconds.

But there's no delay with the ATA186 (sip) and with the Pingtel Expressa. With
the ATA I can hear the change in the background noise shortly before the
beginning of the recording, which is probably the connection of the rtp
stream.

lele