[Asterisk-Users] Build a complex IVR?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 09:49:41 MST 2003

What is "complex"?  If all you need is a menus tree with static
menus (that is, the options are fixed) then the menus system
built-into Asterisk would work.

But if you want to serve up dynamic content, like custom menus
for each caller based on products they may have purchced from you
or what accounts they have with you that you querry out of a
database based on caller ID then you need more.

I don't concider staic menu trees "complex"  For complex
IVR I'm looking into VXML or "Voice XML".  It doesn't look to hard to
integrate a VXML processor into Asterisks and one you've got that,
serving up dynamic content is like serving up dynamic, multi-teir
web pages.

--- it <info at itwav.com> wrote:
> Hi,every one!
>     I would like to know if Asterisk could be used to build a IVR
> with complex flow? To provide a complex sample would be appreciated.
>
>    Regards.
>
>                                                                john

=====
Chris Albertson