[Asterisk-Users] Proposed IAX2 Name

Steve Kann stevek at SteveK.COM
Thu Mar 13 09:57:08 MST 2003

TEA : Telephony data Exchange with Authentication

goes well with SIP also :)

or,

RSTP:  Really Simple Telephony Protocol
        (gets out that unlike h323 and SIP, this is designed to be
        simple, but way to easy to confuse with RTSP, or others).

-SteveK

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:50:57AM -0500, Benjamin Miller wrote:
> Mark, you're a darn good coder. . ...
>

> ;-)
>

> How about "TIP", Telephony Internet Protocol.
> Or is that to close to Sip?
> Ben

  Steve Kann - Chief Engineer - 520 8th Ave #2300 NY 10018 -  (212) 533-1775
                HorizonLive.com - collaborate . interact . learn
   "The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed Linux."