[Asterisk-Users] Proposed IAX2 Name

Matthew Farley asterisk at wheatstate.net
Thu Mar 13 09:26:24 MST 2003

Finally, a question on this list I feel qualified to answer :D

I like it. Keeps the name from being confused with other
computer-related acronyms (a buddy of mine once asked why on earth I
kept referring to AIX as a VoIP thing... Surely, he said, I had to know
that it is an Operating System. It took us a few minutes to realize that
he had misheard my references to IAX).

TASTE... Sounds good to me. Opens the door to new odd conversational
elements like "I can surf the web, but I can't TASTE anything". I like
the ironic angle... And no computer acronym is too hoaky, so long as it
is memorable and innofensive (IMHO).

-Matthew Farley

Matthew Farley <asterisk at wheatstate.net>