[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi version 0.1.0 released

Lars Kneschke(priv.) lars at kneschke.de
Thu Mar 13 07:59:13 MST 2003

Liaan van der Merwe <liaan at ggates.co.za> schrieb:
>Ok... now I'm lost
>What is the idea then behind capi2.0 standard??
>Is this not a "language" to talk to certain modems?

Capi is the interface for the software. You still need a driver which
translates the CAPI commands to the hardware commands.

CAPI is not like Hayes.

Any ISDN-Card has capi driver under Windows. But for Linux we hard first
isdn4linux(wich is not capi). Then some german man, developed the capi
interface for AMV B1(active card) and latter AVM released capi-drivers for
all it's isdn card. Eicon did it too.

But no other vendor did release Linux-CAPI drivers.

You can get most card working, using isdn4linux. But that's not the Capi.

Cu
--
Lars Kneschke
http://www.kneschke.de