[Asterisk-Users] SIP and MWI 7960

billp billp at wjp.net
Thu Mar 13 03:46:32 MST 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:33:31PM -0600, Mark Spencer wrote:
> > Is anyone using MWI on 7960's when Asterisk is ONLY being used
> > for voicemail, and not for a gatekeeper?
> >
> > If anyone has MWI working successfully with 7960's, would it
> > be possible to get a dump of a successful NOTIFY message that
> > turns a light on/off?
>
> Just put "mailbox=1234" in your sip friend/peer for the phone.

I am not using Asterisk as the gatekeeper, only for voicemail.
My phones do not register with Asterisk.

Or am I missing something here?

This is my sip.conf:

  [general]
  port = 5110                     ; Port to bind to
  bindaddr = 206.165.202.3        ; Address to bind to
  context = default               ; Default for incoming calls

bill