[Asterisk-Users] iconnect & caller ID

Steve Radich stever at bitshop.com
Thu Mar 13 01:06:46 MST 2003

Mark - I beg to differ.  Generally callerid works with Deltathree; but
sometimes they seem to reject it / mess it up.

I (see arhives) set callerid to the extension dialed at work based on giving
friends one extension, customers another, really important people another -
About 75% of the time deltathree passes my coded caller id (it's 4
characters, so definitely not a valid caller id) and that appears on my cell
phone for the call.

About 25% of the time their local POP # shows up (I guess), a 202-xxx number
(Washington, DC, which is the area I'm both in and calling to).

I basically have a dial plan for my extensions of ring Zap extension, SNOM
phone via SIP and my cell phone via SIP through IConnect (to avoid dialing
out from Asterisk on a normal line, and to have an excuse to play with more
VoIP stuff).

My exten is (numbers changed)

Exten => 911,1,SetCallerID,911
Exten => 911,2,Dial,Zap/xx&SIP/###@steversnom&SIP/13019876543 at iconnet|30|t
Exten => 911,3,VoiceMail,.....

My sip.conf has:

[iconnect]
type=friend
username=#####
password=####
host=213.137.73.178
callerid="1-301-345-6789"

As I said, about 75% of the time IConnect passes it through.  I've kind of
guessed it's extra circuits they have don't handle caller id right - not
Asterisk as it seems to work always during off peak hours and about 1/2 the
time during "normal" business hours.

Steve Radich - Colocation / Virtual Dedicated / Dedicated Servers
BitShop, Inc. - http://www.bitshop.com - $149/month colo special