[Asterisk-Users] "Call progress" when making call using ATA via iconnecthere

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Mar 13 00:51:02 MST 2003

Just curious as to whether or not there's anyone else out there who is
using iconnecthere behind a completely-NATted asterisk system.

My system, using code from approx a week ago, works just fine with
iconnect, except that I get no "call progress" information (if that's
the correct terminology).  I dial, wait a bit, and if the person on the
other end picks up I just suddenly hear them, without hearing any ring
tones first.

I fake this with "r" in the context, but I would much rather have it be
meaningful, since this way I get ringing tones even when iconnect has
sent one of its infernal occasional "480" messages.

Thx.

B.