[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Digits

Brian J. Schrock brians at columbus.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 19:18:40 MST 2003

Hello

The option relaxdtmf=yes improved the accuracy of received DTMF digits
on cell phones but did not make DTMF detection 100%. Increasing the
rxgain to 15 does improve the accuracy almost to 100%, as long as you
let the first few milliseconds of the recording play. The problem now
is that once a call finds it's way to my handset the received audio is
distorted and too loud to carry on a conversation without some
discomfort to the listener. I have tried setting the rxgain to a
negative db setting for my S100U and that does not seem to have any
affect on how loud the signal is (if it worked it still wouldn't do
anything for the distortion though). Is this information helpful to
anyone? Is there a way I can get more information that would be helpful
to someone who can code a solution?

[channels]

txgain=0
rxgain=15.0
context = default
language = en
callwaiting = yes
callwaitingcallerid = no
threewaycalling = yes
transfer = yes
cancelforward = yes
callreturn = no
usecallerid = yes
hidecallerid = no
echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
immediate = yes

relaxdtmf=yes
group = 1
;use with FXO PCI card
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 1-3

echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
context = local
immediate = no
group = 2
txgain=15.0
rxgain=-6.0
;use with FXS USB card
signalling = fxo_ks
callerid = "Brian Schrock" <(614) 798-9106>
mailbox=2244,2245,2246
channel => 4