[Asterisk-Users] Music - Hold -> live sound source ?

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:07:16 MST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:25:16 -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 18:35, Gary wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am looking for a way to actually have a live feed for a music on hold
>> channel.
>>
>> Basically this is for a local radio station feed so people can ring to
>> get the lastest report... Sort of like the US vhf weather channels....
>>
>> ANy ideas please ??
>
>If you are only wanting to use 1 line, then you could use chan_oss and
>autoanswer to connect an incoming call to the soundcard. If you want
>more, you may need to write an app that would access the soundcard or an
>app that could multiplex the soundcards input.
>--
>Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

it does need to service multiple lines at the same time.

Also as a background music (on loudspeaker type phones) would be nice.

We are currently playing with festival, so the caller can select which
area they want details for and we hourly download and massage the
hourly updates avail from our weather mob...
.