[Asterisk-Users] Different ring pattern for extensions possible?

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Wed Mar 12 17:03:13 MST 2003

Hi All...

Is it possible to change the ringing pattern of an extension?  I would like
to make my extension ring differently based upon what number (distinctive
ring or different channel) I am being called from.

The best use of this I think would be to let internal calls ring
differently than external calls.  Also, I would like to give my family a
number that only they know and that rings my extension in a special way.

I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!