[Asterisk-Users] "Fax Handled: no" config

Darrell Eldridge de8187 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 15:24:48 MST 2003

I doubt it's a signal loss problem.  It's a simple
circuit, connected through our local Meridian, so it's
  fax-to-Meridian [A]
  Meridian internal [D]
  Meridian to Channel Bank [A]
  Channel Bank to Asterisk [D]
And I know that the fax works okay; it's a production
unit that gets used every day.

As for the conf's, I've tried several things.  Here's
my best guess so far:

from zapata.conf:

  context => incomingfax
  channel => 47

and from extensions.conf:

  [incomingfax]
  exten => s,1,Answer
  exten => s,2,Wait,18
  exten => s,3,Goto,incomingmain|s|1 ; roll to main
  exten => fax,Dial,Zap/3

Fax calls are answered, then * waits 18 seconds (while
the fax machine is beeping) then * rolls the call to
incomingmain|s|1.

Ideas?