[Asterisk-Users] DTMF Digits

Brian J. Schrock brians at columbus.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 11:19:56 MST 2003

Hello,

I am having a problem with Asterisk that I just cannot get fixed...
When I call in to the main number I have to wait until well into the
second message shown in the extensions.conf snippet below to enter an
extension number. If I enter digits really slowly sometimes it will
work during the first message. Usually my callers just get the
incredibly annoying "invalid message recording". I remember reading on
here about DTMF detection problems earlier, but cannot find anything
relevant. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone else know
what could be the problem?

My extension are all 2244,2245,and 2246. If I enter 2244 too early in
the playback Asterisk recognizes it as 222 or sometimes 24.

If I unload the zap drivers and reload them and restart asterisk it
will work just fine for the first call but after that the problem shows
up.

If I play with txgain and rxgain enough I  can make the problem worse
but not better.

My asterisk is from cvs two days ago.

I have been turning echo cancellation on and off in different
combinations to see how it affects everything, and it did not have an
impact.

##Extensions.conf##

[Afternoon]
exten => t,1,Goto,default|s|1
exten => i,1,Playback,pbx-invalid
exten => i,2,Goto,default|s|1
include => extensions
exten => s/_6145551234,1,Answer
exten => s/_6145551234,2,Dial,Zap/g2
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait,1
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,10
exten => s,4,Background,Afternoon_Intro
exten => s,5,Background,Exten_Direct

##Zapata.conf##

[channels]

txgain=0
rxgain=0
context = default
language = en
callwaiting = yes
callwaitingcallerid = no
threewaycalling = yes
transfer = yes
cancelforward = yes
callreturn = no
usecallerid = yes
hidecallerid = no
echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = no
immediate = yes

group = 1
;use with FXO PCI card
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 1-3

echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
context = local
immediate = no
group = 2
txgain=0
rxgain=0
;use with FXS USB card
signalling = fxo_ks
callerid = "Brian Schrock" <(614) 798-9106>
mailbox=2244,2245,2246
channel => 4

Brian J. Schrock
Network Engineer, RHCE, CCNA