[Asterisk-Users] iconnect quality?

Lubomir Christov voip at minitelecom.org
Wed Mar 12 10:20:34 MST 2003

Hi Gregg,

I'm using iconnect with LineJACK/PhoneCARD and G723.1 codec from about 1
mount without any problems. The quality is perfect and everything is OK
(only some little problems sometime).
But today morning, with the NEW CVS version update of asterisk I found
that SIP(G723/ulaw) and iconnect aren't working anymore .... ???????
When I try to connect trough iconnect I receive this error message:

     -- Got SIP response 488 "Not Acceptable Media" back from 213.137.73.178

you can try asterisk from yesterday:
   cvs -z9 co -D "Mar 11 2003" asterisk

and test it: everything will be OK :)
Here is my working configuration:

sip.conf

[general]
port = 5060
;bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context = incomming
disallow=all
allow=g723.1
;allow=ulaw
tos=lowdelay
tos=184

[iconnect]
type=friend
username=12345678
password=1234
host=213.137.73.178
callerid=1234567890

phone.conf

format=slinear
echocancel=low
silencesupression=no

extension.conf

exten => _00.,1,Dial(Sip/${EXTEN:2}@iconnect,,C)

Lubo

P.S. for successfully using G723 codec and phonejack you will need
g723.1 and g723.1b placed in your codecs directory. You can got it like
this:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot co g723.1
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot co g723.1b

and uncomment this line in Makefile in codecs directory
MODG723=codec_g723_1.so codec_g723_1b.so

I hope that the todays problem with asterisk and SIP/G723 will be fixed
very soon.