[Asterisk-Users] ATA-186 and fake ring

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Wed Mar 12 08:44:08 MST 2003

> Who is generating this ringback?  The ATA or asterisk?  What if I call
> a non-suping number with a "the number has been changed" recording?
> Will I never hear it because audio will never be cut through without
> answer supervision?

Find out by doing  a trace.  If you're using callprogress, then you should
see a 180 Ringing sent to the ATA when we detect ringing on the FXO.  If
you're not using call progress, then we should not be sending 180 ringing.

You can also use the new "debug channel Zap/1-1" to see if the FXO is
ringing.

Mark