[Asterisk-Users] variable in extension.conf

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Mar 11 07:44:05 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 02:29, Rattana BIV wrote:
> I try to detect if an user who use Netmeeting is connected or not.
> I think in order to do that, Netmeeting-user open a web page (in PHP) et
> press the button Connect or Disconnect and the PHP set the Environnement
> variable which will be proceeded in extension.conf
>
> So i need Environnement Variable, I have test it with :
> s,1,SetVar,toto=$VARENV where VARENV is my environnement variable but toto
> not take the value. perhaps should I try toto=${VARENV} or toto=${$VARENV}.

You can not pass information that way. The environment variable for your
web server is JUST for your web server. It will not be available to
asterisk. Your webserver should not run as root, nor as the same user as
asterisk. Your best bet would be to get netmeeting to register to
asterisk when it is opened, then asterisk will know the user is
available.