[Asterisk-Users] Full-Duplex on Voice Modem

Mathew Frank mathewfrank at qushi.com
Mon Mar 10 17:22:43 MST 2003

> Matt:
>
> On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 00:11, Mathew Frank wrote:
> >
> > Fully duplex audio (AT VTR mode) is available on PCI hardware modems.
> > Specifically the Banska/Netcomm  iNTRA released in 1999 (for which
drivers
> > are part of standard 2.4 kernel)   This comes in a 2, 4 and 8 port
version
> > on PCI and comes with an onboard processor.   It is capable of running
up to
> > 8 cards in a single machine - giving 64 ports in total.
> >
> > It was designed in part for use in IVR systems.
>
> I just looked (via google).  This card seems to be an Australian only
> type of product.  Can you think of any dealers in the States that carry
> this card?
>
> According the the Universal Currency Convertor (www.xe.com/ucc), $1.00
> AUD == $0.615 USD.  Using this, the 2 channel card (at $395 AUD) can be
> had for $243 USD - not counting shipping, taxes and tarriffs.  This
> seems a touch high for the US markets.  For another $240, I can get an
> actual T1 card (from Digium none the less) and actually drive a channel
> bank (found some used ones on EBAY for under $100).
>
> At $1400 AUD ($861 USD) for their 8 port version, there is no way to
> justify the cost logically.
>
> Neat product, but just too damn costly.

Compare this to the options in Australia, and this is cheap, actually.  And
actually for the record I am not really interested in the 2 port version
anyway.
There is one other product that I am aware of (also not Digium) that is
available here but costs a fortune locally.

And of course Digium is out of the question here unless you don`t might
breaking the law.

Cheers,
Mathew