[Asterisk-Users] Iconnect protocol errors? (was iconnect quality?)

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Mon Mar 10 13:51:08 MST 2003

--On Monday, March 10, 2003 5:13 AM -0800 William X Walsh <william at wxw.org>
wrote:

> I have had no problems with call quality, but right now inbound calling
> from them is having an issue with completing the call through to
> asterisk.

I have noticed a few little problems.  From watching the udp packets fly
by, it seems that if iconnect returns an error to the dial application, the
dial application returns without telling the SIP server never mind.

For example, if I dial a number that is invalid (this often happens because
my USB device is very noisy and tones are taken wrong) iconnect returns
with "404 not found."  Dial then exits, but iconnect keeps sending the not
found error.  Asterisk receives it and dumps a note to DEBUG saying "That's
odd ... "

Other errors I have seen are "temporarily unavailable," and "invalid
trunk."

If everything works correctly, asterisk seems to issue a terminate command
to iconnect.  I confess, I did not read the RFC, but given this appears to
be a stateful protocol based on udp should the dial application advise
iconnect that it will be exiting?