[Asterisk-Users] variable in extension.conf

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Mar 10 10:27:37 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 11:00, Rattana BIV wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can we use Environnement variable in extension.conf ?

I don't think you can at this moment, and I am not sure that would be a
good idea as you asterisk thread should be long lived and therefore
anything you would put in an environment variable would just as well be
placed in a config file. Not to mention a config file can be reread
without stopping asterisk or interupting running calls.

Could you point out what you wanted to accomplish with environment
variables so we can see if there is a better way of communicating the
information to asterisk with you, or see what I am currently
overlooking.