[Asterisk-Users] DTMF detection on SIP provider ?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun Mar 9 17:31:25 MST 2003

Hmm... haven't been able to get this to work on my Cisco ATA-186.
Perhaps I'm trying the incorrect knobs?  I'm making outbound calls
ATA-186->*->iconnecthere->PSTN.

I've set my ATA-186 to these various settings:

AudioMode: 0x00150015
AudioMode: 0x00250025
AudioMode: 0x00050005

(per the settings for "negotiated", "out-of-band" and "in-band" found
on Cisco's notes
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ataadmn/ata88sip/sip88ape.htm#1027044

I've set my peer with iconnect to dtmfode=inband, rfc2833, and info,
and tested each with each of the three AudioMode settings on the ATA
listed above.

No changes across all of them, except when I switch to "inband only"
on the ATA, my Asterisk server no longer shows the DTMF pending and
DTMF sending messages on the console debug (obviously.)  I sometimes
hear slight snatches of DTMF tones as I press keys, but something is
muting or snagging them from the audio stream and not allowing them
to go all the way through.

My CVS updated code is as of one hour ago.

Has anyone made this work with the ATA-186 systems?  Did I just miss
the magic combination somewhere in there?

JT