[Asterisk-Users] Very slow welcome message...

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Sat Mar 8 16:05:53 MST 2003

Jim:

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 15:23, Jim Archer wrote:

> --On Friday, March 07, 2003 10:41 PM -0600 Steven Critchfield
> <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
>
> > limp mode?
>
> Sometimes if a Linux server was not shut down correctly it will come up
> with the CPU speed reduced.

An interesting, if somewhat local observation.

I have 8 servers here, some of which occasionally see improper shutdowns
(thanks to a 5 year old son).  I have never encountered any sort of
"limp mode" on any of them.  Multiple CPU's, multiple motherboards -
never seen it.

What brand are your servers?  What distribution are you running?  It
would be nice to know!

--
Ron Gage - Saginaw, Michigan
I am looking for work - resume at http://www.rongage.org/resume.doc