[Asterisk-Users] ISPs with QoS for VoIP?

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sat Mar 8 01:36:00 MST 2003

At 18:23 7-3-2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm wondering if anyone knows of ISPs with service that has QoS
>features that would be good to use with VoIP stuff.  Granted,
>the QoS would only be supported as long as you stayed within
>their network, but it might be better than nothing.

As mentioned elsewhere the bigger uplink pipeline is very usefull (because
beyond straight routing doing MPLS between multiple peering partners will
_not_ be fun), but for the local LAN you can atleast make sure the network
is switched and if possible that small packets are prioritized over large
packets.
A modern switch can also use DiffServ, so that might make it possible for
you to tag your VoIP packets into a higher queue. All of this will require
a certain deal of cooperation at your ISP though :-)

Florian