[Asterisk-Users] PSTN Card Suggestions

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sat Mar 8 01:33:26 MST 2003

At 17:37 8-3-2003 +1100, you wrote:
>By using a BRI ISDN card, you get two lines into a single slot, this is a
>much better method (IMHO) than the single line to single slot of the
>X100P's. It also means you will receive callerid free of charge.

How about echo in the channels ? This is a big usability issue for me :-(

>Personally, I have had pretty good success with www.traverse.com.au BRI
>cards with asterisk. I only have one outstanding bug which is really due to
>the kernel (detecting DTMF when it shouldn't), there are patches to fix
>this, I have been too lazy to search hard enough for the details though, and
>haven't had time to do it. Of course, I wish these patches would find their
>way into the official kernel and asterisk (makes upgrades much easier!)

Ok, the pricing range is pretty high and it doesn't seem to be active in
any big way.. Would an Eicon Diva Server BRI be more usefull ?

I have tried a variety of ISDN cards with I4L and a Fritz!PCI with CAPI and
on my 1.8Ghz machine I am still not entirely impressed. My users complain
(seems to be related to when the remote is an analogue line) about echo.
The SIP endpoint has an echo-canceller. Doing calls over an X100P and my
old DAC might work better, but loses a lot of functionality (CallerID,
incoming MSN) :-((

Florian