[Asterisk-Users] ParkedCall and SIP.

James O. Sizemore III james at deny.org
Fri Mar 7 13:53:59 MST 2003

I have the "Tt" option on the "Dial", is there something else
I needed to do to get "#transfer" support working? It does not.

exten => 3874,1,Dial(SIP/3874|20|tT)

I first tried to emulate park with the SIP transfer.
I would transfer the call to a meetme, and pick it
up later, You had to be careful not to park more
the one call in one room. I however had to abandon
this method of parking because the proxy software
I use sends a retransmit request on hangup. So hangups
always fail with Asterisk. Not a big deal  with  voicemail
or calls. Because Asterisks timeout kicks in and does
hangup the call. But in the meetme rooms there is no
timeout! This caused a large amount of fake calls to
build up and consume massive amounts of bandwidth.
Because Asterisk never dropped the calls. She keeps
sending RTP to far end. Just my little test setup with
four phones could saturate a T1 in no time flat.

On that note, could we have "Hangup"  drop SIP calls
Without waiting for the last ack? I other words drop the
in progress call when "hangup" is run after a small timeout
regardless of weather it ever gets a ack back from the phones?

This would at least get me something close to park. <smile>