[Asterisk-Users] X100P question about odd behavior

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Thu Mar 6 20:43:32 MST 2003

Hi All...

I have installed a single X100P card in my PC and am playing with Asterisk.
The wire I plugged into the X100P has two POTS lines on it, wired on the
RJ45 in the normal way.

I am getting odd behavior.  It seems when I dial out that the X100P dials
both lines at the same time.

I have two questions.

First, I see that the X100P is only a single channel.  Does this mean that
I can only use one POTS line with it?  When I installed it I thought that
it would support two POTS lines.  I guess I thought this because it has an
ordinary phone jack that had 4 little metal fingers in it.

Is it possible that the X100P is really dialing both lines at the same time
and if so is there a way to stop this?

Thanks...