R: [Asterisk-Users] Cisico ATA licence

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 6 10:35:51 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 10:30, Michiel Betel wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> Is there a safe way to identify (cisco secret part number or something)
> what SIP loaded ATA to order, or should I call Cisco? I don't really trust
> the mailorder company guys to sort it out for me as they probably don't
> sell that many of these units and will probably go uh??? on me if I start
> questioning....

Everything below is from Richard on the FWD mailing list. I quoted his
contribution only.

Let me have go at trying to help explain this......

There currently exists two (2) different ways someone can buy an
ata-186/ata-188 from Cisco.

Firstly, you can order product codes ATA186-I1 or ATA186-I2 or ATA188-I1
or
ATA188-I1 depending on which model you want and in addition to this you
MUST
order either SW-SMH-UL-ATA-1P (SIP/MGCP/H.323 license for ATA) or
SW-CCM-UL-ANA (Cisco CallManager license for ATA).  Note that with the
CallManager you need a license for EACH port that has a phone connected
the ATA which is "connected" to CallManager (ie if both ports talk to
callmanager then you need 2 licenses) whereas for the SIP/H.323/MGCP
code
you only need one license even if you use both ports.

Secondly, if you order product codes ATA186-I1-1P-CH1 or
ATA186-I2-1P-CH1 or
ATA188-I2-1P-CH1 or ATA188-I2-1P-CH1 then this has the license included
into
the price of the ata.  ie in this case you do NOT need to purchase a
separate SW-SMH-UL-ATA-1P or SW-CCM-UL-ANA license.  Once agin if you
use
both ports with CallManager you will then need to buy ONE (1) additional
SW-CCM-UL-ANA license.

On most online stores the reseller lists the manufacturers product code
so
just check which of the above two product codes you are ordering and you
will then know if you need to order a separate license or not.

Hope this helps,

Richard