R: [Asterisk-Users] Cisico ATA licence

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Mar 6 09:20:53 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 04:25, Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:
> the license is needed only with cisco
> callmanager. so you can ignore it and use
> both ports with asterisk ;-)

Thats wrong according to the debates here and on the FWD mailing list.
The unit that Michiel was looking at contains software that connects to
the Cisco Call Manager, probably using skinney. What Michiel needs is
one with the SIP or H323  software load on it. The units with SIP or
H323 loaded on it usually have the license for both ports to use that
software.