[Asterisk-Users] OT: PRI costs in US

Mike Atkinson silverflash at bancclub.net
Wed Mar 5 19:36:52 MST 2003

> Maybe I should quit complaining already!  The average business customer
> pays somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 base per plain (non-Centrex,
> etc.) analog line here.  ISDN is $60 if you don't sign up for 3 years, or
> about the same price.

Consider yourself fortunate.  For those of us stuck in the southeastern
corner of Missouri, business lines start at around $50/month (if you shop
around) and PRI lines (when available) have to be routed to St. Louis (120
miles north) and have a different area code!  If anyone is in S.E.MO and has
news of other options, I would be greatly interested in the information.
We're currently using channelized T1s for voice, but have received "hints"
from SBC that this service may soon be unavailable in our area.

Local CLECs are running for the hills.  SBC is trying to push legislation
through the Missouri House that would free SBC from all unbundling options
available under UNE-P.

Mike Atkinson