[Asterisk-Users] Known SIP - NAT Solutions?

Wade Weppler weppler at wwworks-inc.com
Wed Mar 5 15:06:00 MST 2003

I've just been getting into this as well, and I've run into the same
problem.

It looks like the only solutions so far are to use a SIP client that
supports STUN (the SNOM 100 supports this), or that supports UPnP (with a
NAT router that supports UPnP).  For Linux NAT routers, there's an ip_masq
module for 2.2 Kernels called ip_masq_sip that's supposed to do the trick.
I'm in the process of trying this masq module to see if it works.

If the Asterisk server itself is behind a NAT router, then that's a whole
new problem.

-wade