[Asterisk-Users] CDR Output

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 13:29:58 MST 2003

Oracle does do a good job.  but there are others that
cost less,  However if you really do need Ocacle I'd argue
it's worth the price.  There is also IBM's DB2

If you need free then:

PostgreSQL is well known and is not unlike Oracle. PostgreSQL traces
it's roots back to the first ever relational database: Ingres.
Was designed by academics who understood database theory.

But look into "SAP DB" too.
It's very mature, robust and has a billion dollor company
that supports it.  And it's free, open source (GPL'd) now.
  http://www.sapdb.org/

Borland's Interbase is a lighter weight system that is good too.

--- asterisk at billheckel.com wrote:
> Certainly, Oracle does a bangup job there and it's almost as
> affordable as MySQL.
>
> Chris Albertson wrote:
> >
> > Would it just be easier to use a database system that managed
> concurent
> > access better?  Most all of them don't have trouble with this and
> > don't require work-arounds like hot copies and so on.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550