[Asterisk-Users] OT: PRI costs in US

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Mar 5 08:33:26 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 00:18, Storm3 Communications wrote:
> Right, I was reading about them a few months back.
> I was really excited there for a second.. 'WOW! three provinces away, ..I'm
> famous!
>
> So, how are you finding Asterisk? I may be building a toll bypass circuit
> with it in a few weeks. While I'm talking about it, is there a gui with
> asterisk?

Asterisk has been providing my office with phone service for almost 1
year now, and my home with VoIP to the office pbx for about 5 months.

What I learned from home, you do not want X running at all on your phone
system. The VoIP quality on my home system took a severe drop when my
screensaver would activate. It would also clear as soon as the screen
saver would go away. This was on a 1ghz AMD T'bird with 256 megs of ram.