[Asterisk-Users] CERT advisory (SIP)

Bill Mullen wm at hubnetworking.com
Tue Mar 4 20:11:18 MST 2003

In a quick search of the list archives, I found no mention of the recent
CERT advisory concerning vulnerabilities in some implementations of the
SIP protocol (i.e. whether or not * users were impacted by it, and if
so, to what extent and/or in what configurations), so I figured it would
be worthwhile to toss the question out there ...

Link: http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2003-06.html

As someone in the early stages of investigating *'s potential usefulness
for both my own needs and those of my clients - and as one who readily
admits of possessing little knowledge of any but the most rudimentary
aspects of telephony and CTI - I would be grateful if someone familiar
with the "nuts and bolts" of * and SIP could provide a brief assessment
on this point to the list.

TIA!

--
Bill Mullen