[Asterisk-Users] CDR Output

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Mar 4 12:12:17 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 12:57, Matthew S. Hill wrote:
> I am pushing all the cdr info to a MySQL database on a separate machine.
> I have noticed that the duration times for all calls are recorded in
> seconds, by Asterisk. Is there a way to set the recorded call duration
> to a decimal representation of minutes? ie 90 sec = 1.5 min. My
> extraction process would be a little simpler if the data dumped into the
> database were minutes and not seconds.

It is opensource, and all you are looking at is changing a printf
statement to output duration/60 and change the type so it can handle the
decimal.

Just a friendly jab, not a start to a flame war.

If you where on postgres you could just create a view that showed
duration as duration/60. I believe there is even another function in
postgres that would allow you to round it to the precision you are
comfortable with seeing.

Not to mention it would have been possible to create a trigger on insert
that did the conversion for you so that by the time the data was stored
it was the way you wanted it.