[Asterisk-Users] channel bank/multiplexer recommendation

Ivan Ochoa iochoa at mediosdigitales.com
Mon Mar 3 17:32:08 MST 2003

Hello.

I am totally new to this PBX/asterisk/telephony world.

I understand that what I need between the T100P/E100P and the POTS
analog lines is a channel bank/multiplexer?

I am looking for recommendations on this type of hardware.  I have been
looking around and found a product from valiant communications
(http://www.valiantcom.com/) and/or
(http://www.oriontelecom.com/brochures/pri_isdn.pdf) VCL-PRI ISDN
I would appreciate your recommendations on these or any other hardware
that can do the job.

I understand the above mentioned hardware has 15 cards (2 analog
lines/card).  Ideally I would like something that would allow a small
office to grow. What I mean is something like the equipment above but
with less cards (= lower price?) and add additional cards as neccesary.

Any idea as to how much these equipments cost?.

Another newbie question:  can I use this channel bank/multiplexer (or
any other you recommend) and have X number of the analog lines ports for
incoming lines from the POTS and the remaining ports for extensions
within the office?

thanks.

Ivan