[Asterisk-Users] NT mode with hfc cards for emulation of internal isdn S0 bus

morten c. kuehl asterisk at mail4.de
Mon Mar 3 15:54:56 MST 2003

hi,

i just found a page on the net which might me worth some lines.

for the urgent reader: http://isdn.jolly.de

there is a guy in germany who has successfully programmed a gpl-patch for
isdn4linux to make isdn cards with the hfc chipset from cologne chip
(http://www.colognechip.com) run in the NT mode (up to 2.4.20).
this mode is needed to connect isdn device to a pc and enables the use of
these cards as an internal S0 interface.

the cards that run with that patch are:

HFC-S PCI based cards                (HiSax card type 35)
HFC-S+ based cards                     (HiSax card type 37)
HFC-SP/PCMCIA based cards     (HiSax card type 39)
HFC-4S / HFC-8S chip sets          (driver under development)

d-link (http://www.d-link.com) builds cards with these chips (search for
DMI-128I+) and they seem to be quite cheap.

on the page you will also find some software that offers pbx features and
a h.323 gateway, as well as some documentation on how to modify your
ntba/nt1 to power the bus.

would be cool if someone could test the kit, write to the list if it works
and what the chances are to enable * to use the nt feature.

greetings
morten (mortck)

--
Diese Nachricht wurde durch MailScanner (http://www.mailscanner.info)
automatisch auf Viren sowie andere gefaehrliche Inhalte untersucht und