[Asterisk-Users] Serious memory leak in asterisk (manager)

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Mon Mar 3 10:44:55 MST 2003

I am now seeing ~13 instances of *. I believe that prior to a cvs update
about 5 days ago (and again this morning) a single instance normally was
listed by ps. Is the a situation where this might this be normal (it is
possible that someone here changed the behavior of ps)? I don't think so,
each one of these tasks uses 7megs of ram...

ps -A |grep ast
 5185 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5186 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5187 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5188 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5189 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5190 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5191 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5192 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5193 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5194 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5195 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5196 ?        00:00:00 asterisk
 5197 ?        00:00:00 asterisk

This is a kind of slow machine. Maybe * is not reaping some startup tasks.
If I run top for a while only one of the jobs has used a significant
timeslice - so the others might be zombies.

John Harragin

This e-mail was scanned and found clean by Monroe-Woodbury CSD Antivirus.