[Asterisk-Users] Interest in E1 channel banks?

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Sun Mar 2 17:06:05 MST 2003

On 27 Feb 2003 13:53:04 +0100, Emmanuel Michon wrote:

>"Dooley, Brendan" <Brendan.Dooley at oa.com.au> writes:
>
>> Our company manufactures an E1 channel bank that is approved for use in
>> Australia (it should also be compatible with Euro standards). It is modular
>> and available in 10, 20 or 30 analog port configurations. Signal monitoring
>> and configuration is via Ethernet.
>
>It seems a bit strange to me to manufacture devices in 2003 allowing
>only connection of analog phones --- unless I did not understand your
>channel bank spec.

Now here in Australia Channel banks where never popular at all with the
way isdn was originally rolled out.

>Connecting plain digital ISDN phones (not channel bank specific) is a
>requirement for me.

That is not the requirement of a channel bank in any country.

Mind you it does lead to the idea of splitting an E1 or T1 to BRI. But
that can easily be handled by a non channel bank device, in this
country "JTec" springs to mind.

Actually having an Australian "APPROVED" channel bank is unique and
actually exciting. Now if we had an E1 card approved for Australia as
well.....

I hope this new channel bank is capable of adsi :-)