[Asterisk-Users] DTMF with IConnectHere fix

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann-asteriskusr at litech.org
Sat Mar 1 10:22:56 MST 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:39:38PM -0600, Ben Clark wrote:
> On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 11:08 AM, Mark Spencer wrote:
>
> >I am looking for someone to confirm that Iconnecthere sends DTMF either
> >in-band or out-of-band.  If it is out-of-band, then I'll need to work
> >with someone to figure out the issue.  If it is in-band then I will
> >need to add in-band DTMF detection to SIP.
>
> If you ask Deltathree, they will tell you they support both (in-band,
> out-of-band through negotiation, and out-of-band), but their windows
> sip client uses in-band.

I believe they mean that their service will *accept* in-band or
out-of-band DTMF, not that they can *send* both.  AIUI, the Cisco PSTN
gateways they are using will not or are not configured to take the DTMF
out of the VoIP audio stream, so they will only send in-band DTMF from the
PSTN calls.  -Nathan