[Asterisk-Users] A solution for SIP and NAT

Andrew Radke andrew at radke.iig.com.au
Mon Jun 30 21:37:20 MST 2003

Hi all.

I have come to the conclusion that there just isn't anything out there
for allowing SIP and NAT to work together nicely. This is rather amazing
considering that as far back as March 2000 there are documents
describing how to do it.

So I've started a really simple SIP and RTP proxy project, SaRP, on
sourceforge.net. Yesterday we uploaded 0.2 of the perl based release.
This is the first general release and should work for most people. We
are using it quite successfully for standard calls between all sorts of
NATed clients. All you need to do is forward UDP/5060 from your
firewall/router to the box running SaRP if you want incoming calls to
work and also allow UDP traffic from the ports listed in the config file
out.

The project can be found at http://sarp.sourceforge.net/

I would be very interested in any feedback you may have.

Regards

Andrew Radke.