[Asterisk-Users] Connections, but no voice paths except by console

Moshe Yudkowsky speech at pobox.com
Mon Jun 30 12:40:47 MST 2003

So, as usual, about 30 seconds after I send off the message I come to the
realization that I've done a Dumb User Trick (aka "operator error").

* noload of chan_oss.so & chan_alsa.so does disable the console.

* I can call from a softphone on the PBX to the PBX's voicemail and
transmit audio!

* But -- I cannot transmit or receive audio from a softphone on a different
machine. I can connect, but there's no audio sent or recevied to the PC.

They're all behind the same firewall, the debug output shows that the RTP
port is correct. Any ideas for something else simple I've missed?>