[Asterisk-Users] Minimum budget question ...

Tan Aks tan at yointernet.com
Mon Jun 30 11:21:46 MST 2003

Hi,

We provide asterisk-based solutions to customers based in the uk. One of our
customers (9 users) is trialling our low-end solution which comprises of a
box with 2 x X100P (analogue line) cards installed, and a voip carrier for
outgoing calls. This customer intends to have 13 extensions in his "live"
scenario. The way to use multiple analogue phones is:

        1) get a T100P card and use a T1 channel bank sourced from the US
        2) use a couple of TDM400P cards to give 8 extensions, and use IP
phones for the other extensions
        3) use a voip gateway to provide up to 24 x analogue extensions per
IP address. VoIP gateways are commonly available and convert analogue lines
into a SIP/H323 VoIP stream.

You can get an E1 terminated with an RJ45. If you have a coax  termination
then you can use a balun to get rj45 connectivity.

Hope that helps.
Tan (telappliant.com)