[Asterisk-Users] Call Queues and Agents, using both devices and agent members

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 30 11:12:02 MST 2003

Question for users of Agents and Queue.
In our queue.conf file we have entries for both agents and some
devices. We do this so that some dual pupose dispatchers can also
take a call if they have a spare moment.

We went live with a dispatch client over the weekend
a number of issues came up the most pressing is that when a call comes to
a member of the queue that is a device as opposed to an agent.
We randomly will get dead air when the uses takes the phone off hook to ans
the line.  The call does not get dropped from the queue, the user can just
hang up
and then the line will ring again and they can be online with the client
from the q.
This issue tends to happen more frequently if the dispatcher picks up the
line
on the first ring

Any idea's what might be causing this ??

A related issue
If we do a small test with 1 agent member and 1 device member
the system will try both the agent and the device if the agent does not have
a call on line already and the call goes to the agent,
the other device member of the q will ring
for the period of the timeout definition in the queue.conf, then if the
dispatcher
picks up the line they will also get a no call, Is this poosible to stop the
ring
on the line immediate after that call if ans by the agent ???