[Asterisk-Users] SIP only with no soundcard?

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 29 18:14:05 MST 2003

Hey Matt,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 14:14:18 -1000, Matt Darnell wrote:

> Aloha Oliver,
>
> That was it!  Thanks, I am going to download the eStara softphone and try to
> talk from one phone to another!

Nice that it worked.  An alternative method might be putting the line
"noload => chan_zap.so" into the "modules"-section of Asterisk's
"modules.conf"-file.  I just realized that some of the Good Stuff in
Asterisk, like conferencing and music on hold, needs Zaptel as a timing-
source and you might wish to install it again, using "ztdummy" to
get your timing from the USB-controller instead of a Zaptel-device.
Ohwell, let's first get your 2 softphones to call eachother.  There's
more than enough other Good Stuff to explore in Asterisk until you get to
that part.  :-)

   Grtz,

     Oliver