[Asterisk-Users] SIP only with no soundcard?

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 29 16:37:27 MST 2003

Hey Matt,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 12:49:07 -1000, Matt Darnell wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I am trying to test Asterisk on a PC with no sound card or digium hardware.
>
> I was hoping to be able to set up Asterisk and check out the voicemail, call between two PC's etc.
>
> Everytime I run Asterisk I get a segmentation fault.
>
> I am attaching the output I get at the command line.
>
> Aloha,
> Matt
> [root at LINUXVM root]# asterisk -vvvc
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Found
> Asterisk 0.4.0, Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Linux Support Services, Inc.
> Written by Mark Spencer <markster at linux-support.net>
[...]
>  [chan_zap.so]Segmentation fault
> [root at LINUXVM root]#

Looks like you installed Zaptel, otherwise it wouldn't build any Zaptel-
related stuff.  Looking at this console-output, it seems like it segfaults
on chan_zap.  As you won't be needing it, I suggest you remove Zaptel from
your system, remove everything in "/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/" and run
a `make clean; make install' from the Asterisk source-dir to re-build and
re-install Asterisk, this time without Zaptel-specific modules.
With some luck, it will work after that.

To remove Zaptel from your system in such a way that the Asterisk
build-process no longer detects it, it should be sufficient to remove
the file "/usr/include/linux/zaptel.h".  Good luck!

    Grtz,

      Oliver