[Asterisk-Users] fixed point mec3

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 29 12:23:44 MST 2003

Hey Mark,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 11:55:36 -0500, Mark Spencer wrote:

> I've been working on a fixed point mec3 echo can.  The old "mec3" which
> crashed a lot of peoples machines because it was floating point in the
> kernel is now available as "mec3-float.h".   I'd appreciate any testing /
> feedback on the new fixed point mec3 echo can.  Thanks!

I've had a lot of problems with the old one.  In some cases, the audio
on calls turned into noise, and in others the machine became so slow
that it took at least a minute for typed characters to be echoed back
to me, which, needless to say, froze all calls on that machine as well.
I also had problems with MEC3 when dialing out from a TDM40P to ISDN,
through chan_modem_i4l, where the audio from me to the caller was lost
10-30 seconds into the call.  That did a good job at canceling echo,
but it was not really what I had in mind.  ;-)

The new version doesn't seem to have any of the problems above, but
I'd still need to run some more tests.  Unfortunately, it doesn't
solve the echo-problems I'm having on chan_modem_i4l, where I hear
my own echo (the other party doesn't hear an echo), but I haven't been
able to solve that with any of the included echo-cancellers.

PS: Does this new MEC3 take the amount of taps to use from Asterisk's
"zapata.conf" now?  I remember it always used 256 taps, while it now,
like the others, defaults to 128.  "mec3.h" still has 256 as default.

   Grtz,

     Oliver