[Asterisk-Users] IAX -> IETF draft ??

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Fri Jun 27 11:31:34 MST 2003

Hello Tilghman,
----------------------

> IAX is not an IETF standard.  However, it is an open protocol (i.e.
> not proprietary), as all source is offered under an open source
> license.  You may also license the IAX code with another license by
> contacting Digium, or you may use a clean room approach to create
> compatible code, under your own license.

The issue it is not to have a licenced code because it is already licenced
under GPL. What I like to know if there exists any protocol definition paper
beside the source code of libiax and asterisk. Thefore the term 'proprietary'
was not the right expression but a protocol definition paper would help to
make it comprehensible what has already been coded. Cocider I am coding a new
iax client based on the libiax and something does not work in the way I
expected: Does this malfunction depends on programming errors or on logical
errors in the protocol's system definition ?

regards

Olaf